Friday, February 11, 2011

A snifflette

Thanks to the wonders of mobile technology, blogs can be written while lying half flopped out of a toddler's bed as you bodily prevent him wandering across the house to sleep in yours. I have one muscular little hand holding me by the ponytail, a long, heavy leg pinning down my side, Elmo wedged into my spine, and a growing need to pee, but all will be worth the joy if my own side of the bed in 10 minutes... Or 20 if a warm seeping feeling requires me to re-shower before bed.

I'm taking full advantage of a small germ that has knocked about all 5 of us. It's great, with absolutely no sensible parenting everyone was asleep by 630 and we got to watch a whole grown up movie. Not only that, but they've been too docile all day to get a decent tackle on, and have had to read books to each other all day. It's like having children from an Enid Blyton novel, without the questionable hallucinations enticing your kids to climb up trees. Not that mine would make it up one today, they'd lie about at the bottom thinking about it before wandering back to pass out on the couch, dropping iPhones mid-game onto their own faces.

I feel I should share the love and invite all the local kids over to collect and farm a few germs themselves, earning various mummies a day off, rather reminiscent of the chickenpox parties of a few decades ago. Surely we're not the only parents who value a mild sniffle so highly?

Hoping it's a two day virus,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment